In 2008, Athena was established to build an injection molding machine customizable with pre-engineered options. We chose a two-platen machine with servo-driven pumps. Based on this technology, our program now covers 150 to 550 metric tons, addressing 50% of the global injection molding machine market.
We also decided to build machines only and let our customers choose suppliers for molds, hot runners, downstream automation, and auxiliary equipment.
Consequently, our relationship with mold makers has a major impact on our business. By combining their mold expertise with our machines, we are able to provide leading solutions to customers.
Further development of our machines resulted in the new NIIGON generation which incorporates our accumulated experience. "Niigon" is an Ojibwa indigenous word that means "for the future".
Each machine now comes with a 5-year warranty, no-charge courtesy visits, and training. We also provide installation and facility layout assistance.
To remain a family- and employee-controlled company with no debt we invested in:
- A new manufacturing plant.
- An integrated team for Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, and IT.
- Developing proprietary technology.
This makes it possible to deliver to order just-in-time.
Our Core Values
- Innovation – Take risks and implement new ideas.
- Passion for Excellence – Continually improve, seek the best solutions and flawless execution.
- Relationships – Work with honesty and integrity.
- Teamwork – Work together and learn from each other.
- Contribution – Make contributions to our communities and the environment.