Athena’s team is a mix of people with vast industry experience and recent graduates. Team members are mechanically inclined, hands-on, and enjoy challenging work.
A career with Athena offers a unique opportunity to be part of the design and marketing of cutting-edge products and services within a fast growing company.
The Systems Technician - Processing applies technical skills to perform mold setup, process optimization, and customer acceptance testing. This includes machine and robotics setup, tooling installation, and adjusting process parameters to achieve target cycle times and product quality. This also includes the use of offline data analysis tools and measurement equipment to determine if the system meets functional and repeatability standards, and that the finished parts meet customers' dimensional and quality requirements.
- Equipment setup, installation and pre-commissioning
- Installation and setup of molds and downstream part handling equipment
- Develop final process parameters for new molds and systems
- Conduct machine capability and acceptance testing
- Interact and communicate directly with customer
- Ensure finished system quality to exceed customer expectation
Skills & Competencies:
- A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas
- Solid understanding of injection molding processing principles and practices
- Knowledge of injection molding equipment and related support systems
- Data analysis & interpretations skills
- Troubleshooting skills & attention to detail
- Ability to work both on a team and independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Education: Graduate of a post-secondary Engineering-related program
Experience: 3+ years of experience in the injection molding industry
Apply at: hr [at] athenaautomation.ca
Athena Automation Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Athena Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.