Athena is a Canadian based manufacturer of injection molding machines founded in 2008 by Robert Schad. Working with customers, suppliers, and mold makers, Athena has developed a rugged, accurate, and flexible two-platen machine platform that features energy efficiency, process repeatability, and reduced mold maintenance.
A career with Athena offers a unique opportunity to be part of the design and marketing of cutting-edge products and services within a fast growing company.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the direct management and planning of goods and materials for consumption or use by the organization.
- Manage a team of buyers that oversees all production and organizational requirements.
- Utilize data analysis, business intelligence, and reporting tools to forecast supply and material needs across the organization.
- Supervise the creation of materials requirements plans and forecasts, using established tools and methods.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators and metrics for supply chain planning and forecasting; enact changes based on findings.
- Develop and, if necessary, implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans in pursuit of risk management goals.
- Facilitate, lead, and support all supplier relationships, and periodically conduct supplier capability assessments.
- Regularly report on supply chain performance to executive team, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain strict control over materials' inventory levels in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Manage an annual budget or capital investment plan for supply chain functions across the organization.
- Identify discrepancies between inventory records and take action.
Skills & Competencies:
- Advanced procurement and supplier negotiation abilities.
- Familiar with enterprise-level track-and-trace systems, as well as implementation experience.
- Hands-on experience with shipping, logistics, distribution, receipt management, vendor performance appraisal, and vendor return systems.
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills.
- University degree in business, with a focus on supply chain management, inventory control, manufacturing, or materials management.
- 5 to 10 years of direct work experience in supply chain management in manufacturing or a related industry
Please send your résumé and cover letter to: hr [at] athenaautomation.ca
Athena Automation Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Athena Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.