Athena’s team is a mix of people with vast industry experience and recent graduates. Team members are mechanically inclined, hands-on, and enjoy challenging work.
A career with Athena offers a unique opportunity to be part of the design and marketing of cutting-edge products and services within a fast growing company.
The Mechanical Designer is required to apply the principles of engineering, physics and material science for the development, design, analysis, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. He/she teams up with parties like suppliers, service, support, and assembly for the successful introduction of products into a highly competitive market.
- Establish project specifications with the Engineering team and other related disciplines
- Develop design solutions and evaluate based on expected performance, manufacturability, assembly, and serviceability
- Design and create detailed drawings of mechanical components and systems
- Participate in first-off assemblies, validation, and present design to sales and production
- Conduct prototype testing and analyze results
- Discuss and solve problems with manufacturing, sub-contractors, suppliers, and customers
- Communicate with team members and external stakeholders
Skills & Competencies:
- Reliable team player
- Brings a creative approach to provide innovative solutions to technical problems
- Proficient in 3D CAD including FEA (preferably SolidWorks)
- Good understanding of manufacturing and machining processes
- Problem-solving and project management skills
- Motivated to solve technical challenges
- Experienced in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Graduate of a post-secondary engineering-related program
- 5 years of related engineering experience
- Experience in the injection molding or machine tool industry considered an asset
Apply at: hr [at] athenaautomation.ca
Athena Automation Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Athena Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.