For our new 155,000 sq. ft. facility we are seeking Electrical Assembly Technicians to join our team. We are looking for dedicated individuals who thrive in a team-oriented environment. Successful candidates will have some prior experience in electrical cabinet assembly, wire termination, wire routing to devices and cable termination. At the same time possess an ability to follow electrical schematics and established procedures, complete checklists and display a high level of quality, workmanship and ownership.
If you have a have a passion for excellence, believe in uncompromising honesty and have a desire to make a positive contribution – then we want you on our team!
The Electrical Assembly Technician is responsible for the assembly of injection molding machine control cabinets and device wiring in a manner that ensures quality and on-time delivery to our customers.
- Provide high quality workmanship in the assembly of injection molding machines.
- Read and work from established procedures and engineering drawings, electrical schematics or blueprints.
- Complete checklists during the assembly process to ensure quality and completeness.
- Use semi-automated equipment to cut, strip, crimp, and label wires prior to installation.
- Complete wire termination (crimping, soldering) using different styles of connectors per engineering specification.
- Bolt, screw and fasten parts and components together using hand and power tools and equipment.
- Position and install parts, sub-assemblies, and accessories using hand and power tools along with overhead hoists.
- Work effectively in a team with other technicians to achieve production and quality goals.
- Participate in the design and execution of quality assurance/reliability improvement activities.
- Write and/or present regular progress reports to Team Leaders and other internal clients.
- Responsible for reporting problems or issues to Quality and Engineering departments in a professional manner.
- Equipment maintenance and upkeep duties as required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of housekeeping, organization, and practice of 5S principles throughout daily work.
- Understand and follow health and safety policies including the wearing of all required PPE.
- Represent Athena in a professional manner at customer sites for retrofit or service work (may be required).
Qualifications and skills:
- High school and/or post-secondary education in electrical and controls or certification in related studies.
- 1 to 3 years in related work experience in control cabinet assembly, wire, and cable assembly.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and tools required in various assembly processes.
- A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas.
- Computer skills are an asset.
- A team player who is able to perform independently to complete daily activities according to a work schedule.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of electrical components and their functions.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and perform connections in accordance with these schematics.
- Demonstrated focus on the work provided, able to prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated initiative and a willingness to get involved, train others, and support the team.
- Forklift and crane certification is an asset.
- Day (8:00am-4:30pm), overtime may be required at the start or end of shift depending on production requirements.
Athena Automation Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Athena Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply at: hr [at] athenaautomation.ca. Please send résumé and cover letter.