Athena’s team is a mix of people with vast industry experience and recent graduates. Team members are mechanically inclined, hands-on, and enjoy challenging work.
A career with Athena offers a unique opportunity to be part of the design and marketing of cutting-edge products and services within a fast growing company.
- Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, programming technology and test equipment
- Refine sequences and data structures and format final product
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes by amending flow charts; develop detailed programming logic and coding changes
- Analyze performance of programs to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users
- Confer with users to understand the modification requirements of existing programs; resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
- Act as a controls resource for other departments
- Ability to travel internationally when required
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies:
- C or C++, IEC1131, any additional OOP language and concepts
- Experienced in programming projects with 100K lines of code and more
- Experienced in multi task, multi thread programming techniques
- Experienced in programming in real time environments
- Knowledge of B&R control systems, are an asset
- Deep understanding of manufacturing processes and mechanical machines
- Ability to read electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings
- A creative and innovative approach for generating new ideas
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Written and oral communication skills
Education & Experience Required:
- Graduate from a post-secondary Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering program, and/or equivalent job related experience.
Apply at: hr [at] athenaautomation.ca
Athena Automation Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and reasonable in practice and to build diversity into our teams. Athena Automation welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.